Dame Traveler is a community and movement that inspires and empowers women to travel more, experience more, and be more. Our goal is to celebrate the diversity and bravery of women traveling the world, while also giving them the tools and resources to do so.
About Dame Traveler
Nastasia Yakoub founded Dame Traveler in 2014 after noticing a need for an independent female travel community. It has become Instagram’s most well known female travel community and has been featured in outlets including The Washington Post, Travel Channel, AFAR¸ Time, VOGUE, Forbes Travel.
Reach & Engagement
Dame Traveler has over half a million followers on Instagram, as well as two auxiliary accounts, @dametravelerfoodie and @dametravelerhotels. Over 4 million posts contain #dametraveler in the hopes of being featured on the Dame Traveler account. Nastasia’s personal account @nastasiaspassport promotes and features similar content to Dame Traveler.
Brands We’ve Partnered With
Dame Traveler works with many leading hotels, tourism boards, tour operators, and lifestyle companies.
As Seen In
- Washington Post – The People Behind Instagram’s Wildly Popular Travel Photography Accounts
- Travel Channel – Our Favorite Travel Hashtags to Follow on Instagram
- People Magazine – How To Vacation Like An Instagram Influencer
- Martha Stewart – 11 Travel Tips from Nastasia Yakoub of Dame Traveler
- Forbes – Women-Only Travel: 15 Cool Ways To See The World Like Never Before, The Most Beautiful Sunsets in the World
- Vogue – 3 Must Follow Travelers This Summer
- Elle – I Tried Quitting Instagram on the Most Instagrammable Vacation
- Fodor’s – Instagram Takeover with Fodor’s Travel: Ultimate Italy
- AFAR – How to Meet Your New Best Friends on Instagram
- Time – See the First Tourist Instagrams Taken at the White House
- Slow Travel Story – Meet the Woman Changing Travel: Dame Traveler
- Travel & Leisure – Extreme Travel Instagrammers
- Huffington Post – White House Lifts Ban on Photography and Invites Instagrammers to Help Spread the Hashtag
- Anthropologie – Far & Away: Solo Travel Tips With Dame Traveler
- Brit + Co – Why You Don’t Have to Do a Complete Digital Detox on Vacation
- Lonely Planet – This Bermuda vacation is specifically designed to make your friends jealous
- TravelZoo – International Women’s Day: Celebrating Women with Wanderlust